Acting Principal Teacher
For Falkirk Council employees this is a secondment opportunity. Prior to application please obtain confirmation from your current Line Manager that you can be released to take up this secondment opportunity, should you be successful.
As Acting Principal Teacher you will be a core member of the school's management team and will have delegated operational management responsibility within the Nursery Class for curricular and pastoral areas of work in addition to a part-time teaching responsibility in the Nursery Class. You will model the highest standards of pedagogy and will inspire, motivate and support colleagues in the development of their own classroom practice.
We are looking for an Acting Principal Teacher who:
• has an excellent pedagogical knowledge of Early Years and a depth of exemplary primary school teaching experience
• is committed to continuous improvement.
• motivates, guides and leads others.
• leads learning and improvement.
• works effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to bring about improvement.
• uses skilled interactions when dealing with children, colleagues, parents and partners.
You will hold an appropriate primary qualification and have a depth of exemplary teaching experience including relevant experience within Early Years.
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
This post is temporary until June 2018 due to budget restrictions.
If you are the successful candidate for this post, you will be working with children and/or vulnerable adults and therefore you must have PVG membership.