Cafeteria Assistant - Shetland College
Café Assistants at the Shetland College are responsible through the Café Manager for the provision of a cafeteria service to the Shetland College.
Café Assistants are required to work as part of a team to ensure that the College café provides a high quality customer focused service whilst also meeting all relevant health and safety requirements
More details is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached below.
Please follow the link below for further information.
- The grade of this post is Grade D
- Rate of pay shown is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance £1.0608 per hour
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.03 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £9.57 per hour
- Established Part-Time post for 11.0 Hours per Week for 38 weeks per year plus 5.89 weeks paid holiday to be taken in school holidays
- Hours of work are Tuesday and Friday 08:15 to 13:45
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Children) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of appointment being made
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- This post is part of a Job Share
- This post is not suitable for remote working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Shetland College, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Trish Reid, Cafeteria Manager, 01595 771211, firstname.lastname@example.org
The main duties of the post will be:
• Preparation, cooking and sale of meals and snacks
• Preparation and supply of catering to meetings and events within the College
• Supervision of kitchen and café areas
Applications should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a service industry or similar environment;
- Hold, or be capable of obtaining, Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing with the public
- Good working knowledge of health and safety.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
JOB PROFILE - Cafe Assistant.pdf
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Cafe Assistant.pdf