Infrastructure Building Surveying Graduate Scheme (2018)
As a Graduate Building Surveyor within Infrastructure, you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveyor duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a large number of high profile public and private sector clients.
Whether designing/project managing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, our pride and passion is in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise. We design with people in mind. And weve designed our graduate opportunities to provide you with unique experiences as you play your part in all kinds of challenging projects.
We offer a world of opportunities from the projects youll work on to the directions you can take your career in. Whatever your ambitions weve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Join us in our vision to be the worlds best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy, future technology and global sustainability.
What youll be doing
With a Bachelors degree in building surveying, youll work on a variety of construction related and property inspection/maintenance projects. Undertaking building and site surveys, youll get the opportunity to develop your CAD skills preparing project specifications and design drawings.
Key activities include:
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying duties
- Producing designs, specifications and undertaking / assisting with Contract Administration duties
- Undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports
Where youll be based
Opportunities are available in Bristol, Colchester, Glasgow, Leeds and London.
Who were looking for
- Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above BSc degree (or equivalent) in Building Surveying
- Youll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve professional status (RICS)
- Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities
- Good IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Knowledge of CAD and Revit systems would be an advantage
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of GBP2,500 when you join paid within the first month
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities.
For a full list of our benefits, please refer to our website .
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.