Job Title Securities Business Engagement Analyst
The role supports the central governance of service performance in the following areas:
- Service performance of contractual SLA's relating to IB Settlements and Asset Servicing teams operating at a 3rd party supplier
- Performance of services provided to IB Settlements and Asset Servicing teams by our Agent Bank population across all regions through internal and market facing tracking mechanisms
- Support in delivering accurate submissions to fulfil regulatory data requests which include but are not limited to: monthly reporting for the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA); Structural Reform; UK and US Recovery & Resolution Planning (RRP)
- Lead the quarterly internal agent bank performance review process across Settlements, Asset Servicing and Tax Ops functions globally, sourcing up to date scores and commentary from production teams. The role holder will be responsible for analysis, tracking and reporting of performance scores as well as managing and maintaining the questions and agent bank population data set ensuring fit-for-purpose for each functional stakeholder. Summary outputs to be transposed to a heat map dashboard and presented to NWM London.
- Role may include verbally presenting outputs to members of senior management and senior stakeholders within NWM.
- Provide assistance to line managers in fulfilling any regulatory data requests received by the firm that require Security Settlement related data
- Analyse regulatory data requests received and source appropriate information from MI utility and / or Technology teams, ensuring integrity of data and be able to articulate high level themes on the outputs
- Assist to maintain any critical documentation which support the regulatory processes
- Role holder will be responsible for all reporting requirements which underpin the SLA framework, ensuring integrity of outputs from the MI utility and accurate publication to the 3rd party vendor - this will include handling Excused Performance requests, QA Sampling, Underperformance tracking and assisting in regular SLA reviews
- Within the SLA framework, when required, the role holder will be expected to assist and / or own creation of new reporting, amendments to existing reporting, collation and analysis of metrics, own related discussions and queries with regional Oversight retained teams and the 3rd Party Service team to achieve accurate outputs
- Role holder may be expected to deputise by attending or providing updates for 3rd Party Service forums (SDCM, Progco, Bi Weekly Performance meetings)
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure, with both quantity and quality of work produced to a consistently high standard. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and pro-active, and can operate within a team environment
- Experience in data mining and information management is essential
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to interrogate, understand and articulate large amounts of data
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft office skills, Excel and Powerpoint a distinct advantage
- Experience tracking the performance management of a 3rd party vendor (SLA's, KPI's etc)
- Presentation skills; ability to design, complete and present outputs to senior level audiences
- Ability to interact with all levels of the firm
- Knowledge of either Securities or Asset Servicing Operations is desirable
- External industry qualifications (eq IAQ, IOC etc) would be beneficial, particularly those related to investment banking products, concept and lifecycle
- Experience working in a relationship management role is preferable.
- Experience in use in settlement systems such as FISS, GOS, ASTRID also beneficial
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.