Teacher of Music - Sound Primary School
Sound Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Sound. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Sound and Gulberwick. The structure of the school is 2 nursery classes (1 am and 1 pm) and 14 primary classes (2 for each year group). There are currently a total 316 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 19 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The Head Teacher is Mrs Ann Marie Angus. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.sound.shetland.sch.uk/school/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2450 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- This post is timetabled for Tuesdays and Thursdays
- FTE of post: 0.4
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary Music
- Qualification requirement: BA Education/Post Grad
- Class information, age range etc: Primary 1-7
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sound Primary School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ann-Marie Angus, Head Teacher, on 01595 744982 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf