Teacher of Primary (Job Share) - Mid Yell Junior High School
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There are currently a total 98 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.midyell.shetland.sch.uk/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2450 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 7.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for further Job Share as post is already part of a Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 0.2
- Qualification requirement: Teacher Qualification, GTCS registration
- Class information, age range, etc.: initially a multi-composite P5-P7 but could be any primary class
- Any other information specific to post or setting: this is a job share post with the other teacher working 0.8 FTE of the school week. Initially the day required for the 0.2 FTE post is Friday
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mid Yell Junior High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mark Lawson, Head Teacher, on 01595 745050 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf