IT Security Officer
- Full Time
IT Security Officer
IT Security Officer needed to join my client on a permanent basis. My client are the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board the Vanguard class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support.
What the role entails:
The Assistant Unit Security Officer (AUSO) will support the Unit Security Officer (USO) in ensuring compliance across all sites to the respective governing security regulations including HM Government Security Policy Framework and Ministry of Defence Joint Service Publications specifically JSP440, but not restricted to.
The Information Technology Security Officer (ITSO) provides oversight of IT security in accordance with MoD policies and procedures and applicable site specific instructions & policies. Manage the integrity and confidentiality of Secret/Official/PSA data in storage and transit. Liaise with CIDA for registration of IT systems and maintain register of system accreditation documentation and associated Security Operational Policies.
What you need to be the successful Security Officer:
- Good knowledge of Joint Service Publication (JSP) 440 and HM Government Security Policy Framework
- Experience of working in a Security Role, including Security Operating Procedures and Policies
- Familiarity with the Government Security Classification System
- Experience with involvement/conducting audits
- Confidentiality and discretion in the workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to hold and retain a Security Check (SC) Clearance
- Methodical approach to record keeping
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- IT Security Officer Qualification/IT Security Qualification
- Security Officer Qualification
- Understanding of Cyber Threat Vectors
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Security Officer to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.. Date posted: 29/08/2017