Activities Co-ordinator (1534)
This role will require the post-holder to work 30 hours per week.
Driving license is essential for this role.
brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents' happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training programmes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals - to help those we care for, love every day!
- Design and organise a variety of engaging and stimulating activities within the Home to cater for all interests, including games, parties, day trips and external entertainment, encouraging relatives and visitors to become involved;
- Arrange trips and excursions with varied destinations and purposes to involve as many residents in activity outside the Home;
- Agree and undertake fundraising activities to be included into the Residents Funds;
- Participate and encourage others to be active members of the Resident's Committee.
Health and Safety
- Practice safe systems of work across a range of tasks in particular moving and handling of loads. Ensuring the policies and procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling or residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures;
- Take responsibility to read, understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident;
- Encourage and contribute to working as a team, responding positively to colleagues and acting on all reasonable work instructions promptly;
- Advise and liaise with the management team on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods
- Take care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement;
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment in line with your area of work;
- Manage Activities budget in conjunction with the Home or Deputy Manager.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
- A team player - brighterkind is a low ‘ego' organisation;
- Strong communicator and influencer;
- Energetic and hard-working;
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do.
A sense of humour and positive outlook on life - Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
Reward and Recognition
We offer unrivalled employee benefits as our staff are at the heart of our achievements and future vision. Rewarding Commitment and long service are important to us and all employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
- Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
- Ongoing personal development plan and career progression
- Team Meal Offering
- Free uniform
- Childcare Vouchers
- High street discount vouchers
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards and vouchers