Teacher of Biology
Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit a temporary teacher who is a highly skilled practitioner, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by head teachers, teachers, early year's practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for our teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance their skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
• hold an appropriate secondary qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to visit the school, attend an interview and deliver an observed lesson.
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post
This post is temporary until November 2018 to cover a period of maternity absence.
If you are the successful candidate for this post, you will be working with children and/or vulnerable adults and therefore you must have PVG membership.