Learning Support Assistant - Happyhansel Primary School
Under the direction of the Head Teacher, the Learning Support Assistants expected to support the delivery of high quality primary education and learning which effectively meets the needs of children.
Happyhansel Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Walls. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Walls, West Burrafirth and as far east as West Houlland. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There are currently a total of 58 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Sandness). The current staffing complement is 3 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Sue King. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.happyhansel.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D/E
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.03 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £9.57 per hour.
- This post is not career graded
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 10.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Sue King, Head Teacher, on 01595 807450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Learning Support Assistant (D).pdf
Learning Support Assistant (E).pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf