To provide an efficient and effective Electrical service with the ability and skills to carryout all electrical works installations, testing and repairs work to the benefit and need of the Maintenance Service
The Electricians key functions and qualifications to include:
- Undertaking Electrical installation, testing, repairs and associated works
- Organising own work in conjunction with the Coordinator, and decide on best methodology in the execution of such work.
- Possession of 2391 qualification or equivalent 2394, 2395 and 2396 qualifications (with willingness to undergo assessment for qualifying supervisor role in future if required by the Service)
- Trained to 17th edition of IET Wiring regulations including 3rd amendment with ability to apply this knowledge in the workplace, have passed the City & Guilds Certificate BS7671
- Current and valid grade cards/membership (ECS - Electrotechnical Certification Scheme, JIB -Joint Industry Board)
- As a representative of the Maintenance Service the Electrician will ensure the Council's values are promoted in every aspect of his work, with the remit to provide a seamless high quality response to the customers needs.
The Electrician will demonstrate high personal and professional standards, especially in respect of quality and customer service.
This post is considered regulated work with children and/or protected adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. You will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Clackmannanshire Council.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.
Applicants must seek permission for a secondment, from their line manager, prior to applying.