Regional Project Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Project Manager (Scotland). This is a home based role as part of a team covering the Scotland region. You will join the team on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of £30,283 to £42,160 dependent on experience.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
The last deep mine closed in December 2015, so why does the Coal Authority still exist? Well, we were established in 1994 to undertake specific statutory duties. They include dealing with the legacy of coal mining including the treatment of polluted mine water and mine gas emissions, remediating coal mining subsidence damage and dealing with ground and mine entry collapses. To give you an idea of the extent of our legacy, 7 million properties sit within coalfields and there are 170,000 recorded mine entries not to mention the ones we don't know about.
As our Regional Project Manager you will administer a portfolio of hazard, enquiry and subsidence projects in a designated region. You will be part of a dynamic team answering surface hazard calls and advising on the deployment of emergency response as required. Utilising your project management skills and engineering background you will ensure that your portfolio of projects are adequately progressed and resourced and that fieldworks are economically, efficiently and effectively managed and that all statutory obligations are discharged.
Responsibilities of our Regional Project Manager
- Managing all aspects of mining subsidence claims and surface hazard incidents in line with the relevant statutory provisions, including any claims that may be referred to arbitration/lands tribunal
- Undertaking liability assessments relating to subsidence damage claims and surface hazard incidents
- Supervising contractors and consultants undertaking research, investigations and remediation
- Undertaking field related tasks as required which may include the inspections of tips, properties, liability sites, monitoring and sampling
- Obtaining necessary authorisations and ensuring investigation and remedial works proceed to a satisfactory conclusion
- Acting as a public interface, representing the Authority and dealing with live enquiries from members of the public, and other relevant parties
- Acting from time to time as Designer for the purposes of the CDM 2007 or subsequent regulations
- Providing engineering expertise to the team on technical issues involving the remediation of surface hazards and the management and restoration of spoil heaps
- Being part of a response team dealing with calls to the Authority’s Emergency Hazard Line
- Answering surface hazard calls and deploying emergency response as required
- Providing site specific hazard assessments and risk assessments
Qualifications and skills required to become our Regional Project Manager
- Proven experience in civil/structural engineering project management
- A sound engineering background preferably in civil and/or structural Engineering
- Experience of dealing with, management and supervision of Contractors and contractual matters
- A good knowledge of construction Health & Safety
- Knowledge and understanding of the risks to public safety which can arise from the legacy of coal mining
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional decision, negotiating and organisation skills
- Working knowledge of environmental issues
- A sound level of IT literacy
- The role requires multiple travel throughout the designated region using a supplied company vehicle, a full UK driving licence is required for insurance purposes
Benefits of working for us
On top of a competitive salary, we offer:
- Civil service pension scheme
- Company vehicle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous holiday allowance
- Family friendly initiatives, including childcare voucher
- Training and development
- Opportunities to progress your career, including payment of professional membership fee
- Contribution towards gym membership
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Regional Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!