Sales Executive / Commercial Customer Services
Job Title: Sales Executive
Salary: £22,810-£29,020 per annum
Job Role: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Reports To: Incident & Process Manager
Closing Date: 20th September 2017
Expected Interview Date: w/c 9th October
Our Client are the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. They are at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future. They investigate and record architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national importance. They have a People Strategy which will be an overarching strategy to which ensures they support and develop staff within the organisation.
As Sales Executive you will be a key point of contact with customers. With excellent communication skills, and a commercial awareness and motivation, you will conduct market research and will implement an annual plan of pro-active sales activity.
Their vision is that Scotland's historic environment is cherished, understood, shared and enjoyed with pride by everyone.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
- Work with the Business Development Manager and Sales Coordinator, to ensure that a positive sales journey is at the forefront of everything that we do.
- Under the guidance of the Business Development Manager, collect data on existing and potential customers, to inform market research.
- Informed by sales and market research, assist colleagues with the development of new products and services.
- Oversee an annual plan of sales activity, which best-ensures leads are converted into customer orders.
- Engage with a range of customers on a daily basis, providing guidance and support to the Sales Coordinator.
- Pro-actively up-sell NCAP products and services wherever possible.
- Undertake searches for not-yet-digitised aerial photography, as required.
- Previous experience in a sales / customer-facing work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in data collecting and market research.
- Writing detailed reports and presenting results.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Computer skills - confident PC user with Microsoft office skills.
- General administration / office experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge or interest in historic aerial photography.
- Some line management experience.
- Full driving licence.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
- You will have a relevant technical background to the role, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, it will be necessary to demonstrate relevant work experience.
We welcome applications from all nationalities, ensuring that they have the right to work in the UK and applying for a job with us could open the door to a unique work environment. It could also give you job satisfaction and excellent development opportunities, plus a competitive salary, 25 days paid holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and 11.5 public holidays a year - pro rata for part time staff.
In addition, they offer a great benefits package to employees which includes:
- flexible working hours
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
- to pay for relevant professional subscriptions
- support for further education and personal development
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes please check your junk / spam folders.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Executive, Sales, External Sales, Sales Person, Business Development Executive, Business Development, External Sales Executive, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Account Manager, External Sales Person, New Business Coordinator, Customer Service Executive, B2B Sales Manager, Key Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive, Junior Sales, Graduate Sales Executive, New Business, Customer Service Executive, Sales will also be considered for this role