Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,471 - £35,766 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: 20th September 2017
Expected Interview Date: w/c October 9th 2017
Our Client are the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. They are at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future. They investigate and record architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national importance. They have a People Strategy which will be an overarching strategy to which ensures they support and develop staff within the organisation.
A key leadership role within the NCAP team, they are looking for a Business Development Manager who will drive the expansion of the business by improving their existing offer and developing new products and services for domestic and international markets.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
- Work with the Head of NCAP undertaking regular and detailed market analysis to review existing and emerging markets, in order to further diversify and expand the NCAP customer base.
- Pro-actively plan and undertake an annual plan of sales activity that best-ensures leads are converted into sales, and formulate proposals for new products and services in order to achieve this.
- Work with the Commercial and Tourism marketing team to promote NCAP products and services, and deliver professional marketing proposals.
- Manage a team of two staff ensuring that enquiries are responded to in an effective way to increase conversion rates.
- Responsibility for building and managing strong, long-lasting B2B customer relationships.
- Liaise across the NCAP team to ensure the delivery of a high-quality customer experience - the post-holder will provide the necessary management oversight and will ensure compliance.
- Report to the Head of NCAP on sales activity, business delivered and key trends based on industry and client intelligence within the market as required.
- Significant experience in a business development or sales environment.
- Some line management experience.
- Demonstrable ability to leverage value and grow revenue streams, showing strong commercial awareness to identify, develop and deliver projects.
- Exceptional planning, problem-solving and organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of working with a customer relationship management system.
- Confident presenter with the ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate, both written and orally, a customer focused / world-class vision.
- Knowledge of the historic aerial photography market.
- Awareness of commercial best practice in the cultural and heritage sector.
- Knowledge of contract, copyright and intellectual property law.
- Full driving licence.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
Educated to degree level in Business Management or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree significant relevant experience will be required. It will be necessary to demonstrate relevant and applicable expertise
We welcome applications from all nationalities, ensuring that they have the right to work in the UK and applying for a job with us could open the door to a unique work environment. It could also give you job satisfaction and excellent development opportunities, plus a competitive salary, 25 days paid holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and 11.5 public holidays a year - pro rata for part time staff.
In addition, they offer a great benefits package to employees which includes:
- flexible working hours
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
- to pay for relevant professional subscriptions
- support for further education and personal development
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes please check your junk / spam folders.
Candidates with experience of; Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Sales Account Manager, Sales Executive, FMCG Business Development, Sales Assistant, Business Development Manager, Field Sales, Key Sales Executive, Field Sales Executive, FMCG Sales, Business Development, Telesales, Telesales Executive, Sales, Sales Manager, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Business Development, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Sales, Sales Manager will also be considered for this role.