NQ Employment Solicitor
1 day left
- Full Time
Clearly understand client requirements and confidently provide practical answers and advice both verbally and in written form whilst ensuring work is carried out with a high degree of attention to detail and technical accuracy at all times;
- Manage a tribunal caseload, including interacting with clients, drafting all pleadings, statements and preparing bundles and willingness and ability to perform own advocacy;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard possible;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Work as part of a team, including delegating work appropriately and managing work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Develop your confidence in client facing and presentation skills
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm's direction and client needs;
- Act appropriately to business needs including an ability to initiate change and communicate new ideas effectively both internally and externally at all levels;
- Contribute to the firm as a whole through participation, business development and cross office and cross practice working.
Main function of job
To provide advice and support to commercial clients on the full range of Employment law issues. In doing so you will demonstrate some technical knowledge and commercial judgement and we would expect this to develop quickly. You will do so within required time frames and will be expected to provide the highest possible service level to clients whilst managing a busy workload.
We are one of Europe's most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
We are looking to recruit a newly qualified Solicitor to join our Employment team in Edinburgh to advise on a range of non-contentious and contentious employment matters mainly for employers, including defending ET claims as well as transactional work supporting Corporate, Commercial and Real Estate teams, including advising on TUPE-related issues.
Ideally candidates will have gained some meaningful Employment experience during their training contract and will have a strong desire to pursue a career as an Employment lawyer post qualification.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton on
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.
Policies and procedures
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.