Quantity Surveyor / Construction Quantity Surveyor / QS
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Aberdeenshire (will also consider local surrounding areas)
Salary: £30-40K (negotiable depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our client is an Industry leading Energy Services and Regeneration business led by a senior management team with over 20 years' experience in the sector. They have recently been successfully appointed on Aberdeenshire's 4 year Social Housing Improvement Programme and are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team and work with a number of local authorities and housing associations across within the area.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
Control commercial aspects of the programme including:
- Liaise and work closely with the Commercial Manager, Head of Regeneration and Site Manager(s) on all commercial aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all duties and obligations relating to the NEC ECC / JCT contract are met and recorded.
- Understand and advise on any contractual, legal and financial aspects of the contract to reduce the Company's exposure to risk.
- To audit the contract documents and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Commercial Manager.
- Confidently produce accurate cash flow forecasting, activity schedules, accruals, etc. based on the project programme and update as work proceeds.
- Produce a detailed cost plan / buying schedule for the each project.
- To prepare a detailed preliminaries expenditure schedule for discussion and agreement with the Commercial Manager, Head of Regeneration and Site Manager.
- To identify the most appropriate work packages and sub-contractors and agree same with Contract and Site Management.
- Ensure subcontract orders are placed in line with projects financial targets, the programme and/or activity schedule.
- Ensure adequate quotations are available for comparison giving due regard to value and programme. Ensure a comprehensive analysis is undertaken on all quotations to take into account omissions and qualifications.
- Ensure all orders are issued in line with company procedures and include all relevant documents, dates, terms and conditions.
- Ensure in liaison with Head of Regeneration and Site Manager that all technical matters are identified and addressed.
- To liaise with Commercial Manager to ensure that all sub-contactors appointed to the works have been assessed in accordance with the company's procedures.
- Produce and issue valuations in accordance with the contract documents, including cost valuation reconciliation (CVR)to the Commercial Manager within 7 days of the valuation date.
- Forecast and maintain an ongoing Draft Final Account, and submit the same with each valuation to ensure the Client is kept fully informed of their obligations.
- Identify, correctly administer under the NEC and properly value all variations to the contract, and seek to pre-cost and agree same with Client or their representative wherever possible.
- Comprehensively assess sub-contractors accounts and produce sub contract payment certificates in line with Company terms and Conditions.
- Issue all statutory NEC notices in good time against early warnings, compensation events, applications or invoices where appropriate to do so.
- To agree Sub-contractor accounts as early as possible and before Final Account, to ensure that any claims against the Client are known.
- Ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being released.
- Report to the Commercial Manager and Head of Regeneration on financial and operational issues and as appropriate.
- Successful candidate may be required to work in other departments / regionally as required.
- To provide commercial support to the project teams, maintain commercial information and ensure compliance with the NEC / JCT contractual requirements achieving maximum financial performance and margin on allocated projects.
Skills and Abilities (Essential):
- Familiarity with NEC / JCT Forms of contract.
- Previous experience of procurement of subcontractors, including regular meetings, undertaking measurement of works, issuing certificates and accruals calculations.
- Good knowledge of monthly reporting, estimation and cost analysis.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, specifically Excel - Ability to use spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team but also able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to adapt and challenge.
- Confident communicator with all levels of personnel.
- Previous experience of the construction industry with a minimum of 2 years' experience as a main contractors Quantity Surveyor.
- NEC / JCT Forms of contract.
- Experience of frameworks and social housing programmes (desirable).
- Degree / HND / HNC in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent / demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- Applicants with HND/HNC in similar discipline will be considered provided they can demonstrate a proven track record in Estimating within Construction/Building sector.
- The post holder must hold a full driving license.
What they offer: Company Car or Car Allowance; Pension Scheme; Option to join sharesave scheme; Flexible Benefits including buy/sell holidays; Bike2Work Scheme; Child Car vouchers and various discounts and selected companies;
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor / Construction Quantity Surveyor / QS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly