Estimator / Project Estimator / Surveyor - Construction
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Bathgate, travel required throughout Scotland
Salary: £40-52K (negotiable depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our client is an Industry leading Energy Services and Regeneration business led by a senior management team with over 20 years' experience in the sector.
To support an already successful and established growing bid team to prepare and produce accurate cost estimates from receipt of Tender enquiry to Tender Settlement stage so as to achieve the Company's Business Plan targets.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- To manage and deliver the Estimating process to ensure work is undertaken to commercial and qualitative performance standards in a timely manner, to ensure consistently accurate estimates to meet or exceed the business goals.
- To plan and organise the work to ensure at all times that it meets timely and qualitative objectives.
- To ensure that the Company policies and procedures for the business are followed.
- To provide estimating advice and commercial support to the Bid team, Regeneration and EWI teams / business wide as appropriate.
- Review jobs to strengthen the bid process and taking advantage of any competitive edge.
- Take ownership for the timely processing of vendor / sub-contractor enquiries liaising with the business buying teams / supply chain team as appropriate.
- Evaluating / negotiating of sub-contractors quotations and producing competitive costs for packages where quotations are required.
- In conjunction with the divisional managers regularly review of supply chain performance and taking any action required regarding discrepancies.
- Ensure that the tender risks in relation to all contracts are correctly identified and accounted for, and review lost tenders to see why, how and where improvements can be made.
- Develop and implement the competent use of data spreadsheets and databases in order to maximise the efficient sourcing and collection of data to enable the production of accurate cost estimates to time.
- Measurement and preparation of accurate quantities from appropriate Supply Chain Partners in order to ensure maximum competitive edge with a view to supporting maximum tender success.
- Develop and ensure that a consistent internal tender settlement / reconciliation report and handover process is implemented and that pricing levels, margin and risk meet the approved business strategy.
- Meet and liaise regularly with the Commercial Director for regular reviews and updates.
- Develop and maintain pricing masters by analysing and summarising estimating information trends.
- Ensure that documents and procedures are followed and implemented where necessary.
- Liaise regularly with the Senior Management teams with regards to workload, holidays, procedures and tender business targets.
- Liaise closely with the Commercial teams and monitor the stages of projects to ensure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Work closely with the Commercial teams to initialise, contribute and review a CVR process through the lifecycle of a project.
- Alongside the Commercial teams - contribute to the post project commercial review / reconciliation.
- Previous experience of the construction industry with a minimum of 2 years' estimating experience.
- NEC / JCT Forms of contract.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload and that of others, whilst working under pressure.
- Previous experience of leading an estimating department.
- Experience of working in the Energy Services / Social Housing sectors.
- Experience of Maintenance Contracts
- Familiarity with NEC / JCT Forms of contract.
- Schedules of Rates
- Specifications and Drawings
- Bills of Quantities
- Cost Value Reconciliation
- Framework agreements.
- Computerised EstimatingPackages.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, specifically Excel - Ability to use spreadsheets to interpret and collate data.
- Degree / HND / HNC in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent / demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- Applicants with HND/HNC in similar discipline will be considered provided they can demonstrate a proven track record in Estimating within Construction/Building sector.
- The post holder must hold a full driving license.
What they offer: Company Car or Car Allowance; Pension Scheme; Option to join sharesave scheme; Flexible Benefits including buy/sell holidays; Bike2Work Scheme; Child Car vouchers and various discounts and selected companies.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter.
Apply for Estimator / Project Estimator / Surveyor - Construction
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly