Relief Coaching Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we seek.
To assist in delivering quality coaching activities under instruction of a Senior Coach / Coach.
This post may require working irregular and unsocial hours which may include weekends.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Hours: Relief, as and when required
Informal Enquiries to: Fraser Govan, 01569 768355
- Assist in delivering quality coaching sessions for a specific target group, under the direction of a lead coach, taking into account individual and group coaching needs.
- Ensure the provision of safe and enjoyable delivery of service to all customers
- Comply with Aberdeenshire's normal operating procedures for Health & Safety for the activity undertaken including equipment and the supervision of participants as part of your duty of care.
- Assist with undertaking the general administration for each programme or session.
- Maintain links with the relevant lead coach or sports coordinator, to ensure quality services, and where appropriate, assist with quality assurance systems.
- Demonstrate experience in assisting coaching delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to defined locations for activity delivery across Aberdeenshire
- Able to communicate effectively with young people and adults
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- UK Coaching certificate level 1 or equivalent
- An understanding of risk assessment and knowledge of Health and safety
- An understanding and knowledge of Child Protection
- An understanding of monitoring and evaluation procedures to aid session development
- Attendance at Positive Coaching Scotland Workshop
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf