Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Operations is an exciting and fast moving function. More than 10,000 employees work in Operations, across 17 countries and 30 cities, supporting millions of financial transactions, worth billions of pounds. We ensure that trades get to the right client and to the right account, at the right time, and cover the full spectrum of financial products, from bonds and equities to swaps and options. The environment we operate within is continually changing and Operations plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes. By ensuring we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives, Operations can help drive down costs and increase revenue.
Overall purpose of role:
- Management Team with delivery of strategic initiatives, executive reporting and analysis, relationship management, and day-to-day functions in business management role including:
- Global support for Post Trade Services activities
- Support analysis of strategic financial data including headcount, costs and KPIs for senior stakeholder reporting.
- Support analysis and management of management score cards (financials, headcount.)
- Support development of monthly, quarterly and annual Executive Presentations (MBR, Leadership Meetings, Colleague Engagement, Talent Management, etc.) by liaising with PTS Heads across geographies and products, Finance, Human Resources, Change/Project Delivery, Control, etc. to develop agendas, deep dive topics, etc.
- Support delivery of initiatives across the division to improve processes and control to enable operations teams to focus on the day-job.
- Support special projects as assigned within Business Management Partnership team to further the Post Trade Services Journey.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Ownership of Post Trade plans related to: Strategic financial and headcount planning and reviews, Real Estate, Colleague communications, hiring needs, Business Continuity planning, governance and Cost save initiatives
- Budget & Head count planning and tracking cost projections, medium -long term planning.
- Facilitate Taxonomy process and transition it to a centralized and automated solution
- Assist in producing management reporting and presentation packs; ad hoc projects
- Cover responsibilities for Post Trade administration - ensure PTS Ops is coordinated and compliant with Operations-wide initiatives and requests.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive industry experience - with exposure to senior level stakeholder management / communication
- Extensive knowledge of finance, strategy and planning
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to manage a broad and changing priorities in a highly productive fashion
- Detail oriented with ability to manage across multiple priorities in short timeframes.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues/problems and to outline those into higher level messages.
- Self-motivated and comfortable to work with limited direction.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint - i.e. solid Excel skills to aggregate information up for management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for daily interaction with Business Management peers and managers
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail - proven ability to manipulate and interpret data quickly and accurately to draw insightful conclusions and present findings effectively to a senior audience.
- Qualified ACCA
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .