Client Service Executive, Edinburgh
- Full Time
Role Title: Client Service Executive
Business: Private Bank
New or Existing Role? Existing
- Client facing role providing dedicated support to one or more Relationship Managers, delivering superior client service to our Private Bank clients.
• Support your Relationship Manager/s & associated staff to deliver full market leading private bank products and services to clients.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the full PBGB proposition including investments, banking and insurance.
• Actively involved in client relationship management including banking queries, account opening, investment administration and day to day requirements.
• Participation in client meetings and preparation of detailed call reports where required.
• Help to develop AUM business.
• Assist the team with building, maintaining and retaining client relationships.
• Ownership of KYC and account opening process for clients and related client queries. Develop knowledge of onshore and offshore documentation suite.
• Work collaboratively across peer group and organisation .
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships across the team including our colleagues in other jurisdictions.
• Be flexible and dynamic with support to wider client service team.
• General account support, maintenance and monitoring of daily reports, loan monitoring and SEI activity.
• Effect all payment, transfer and static data amendment requests in accordance with procedures and within given timescales.
• Strict control to ensure that all policies are adhered too.
Impact on Business
- No direct financial targets.
Customers / Stakeholders
• Maintain the highest standard of excellence in client service by attending to client enquiries and requests.
• Prompt and appropriate action taken to address client feedback.
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
• Develop client's awareness, understanding and ability to comply with our operational requirements.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships internally and externally.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in correct and consistent format.
- Adhere to the selling process and sales quality requirements. Achieve compliance with all Group Standards, manuals and guidelines.
- Ensure smooth coordination with processing departments on migrated processes.
- Ensure that all credit applications meet deadlines.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the controls that are in place to manage the risks in the processes and activities that they undertake in their day to day role.
- Management of conduct is a critical component of all our business activities including, for example, the Group's strategy and business models, our culture and behaviours, our interaction with customers, our financial markets operations, and our governance and oversight processes. HSBC's approach to conduct is designed to ensure we deliver fair outcomes for our customers and do not disrupt the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Focus on conduct is integral to HSBC's values and principles, and supports the Group's strategy for sustainable growth and streamlining of business processes and procedures.
- HSBC has defined the Global Outcomes relating to Conduct which must be delivered by Global Lines of Business, HOST and the Global Functions. The 15 Global Outcomes are located within the document in this link:
- Global Risk FIM / Regulatory Compliance / B.25 Global Conduct Policy
- Whilst all 15 Global Outcomes apply across the organisation, there are more dominant or relevant Outcomes which relate to specific roles. Below is an indicative guide to show which Outcomes are more likely to apply to this job description. This should be used as a guide only and all roles within the organisation should adhere to the Outcomes and the local regulatory standards and requirements relating to the markets in which they operate.
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Support the team with on boarding new business.
- Actively endorse and display expected HSBC, GPB, and PBGB cultural behaviours.
- Establish strong working relationships across your internal peer groups.
- Achieve strong client and Relationship Manager feedback on your performance.
• Establish market leading standards of service and product delivery across your target client base.
• Be aware of the operational risks associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy.
- Not required, however encouraged in role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.