Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate
As a Barclays Customer Service Associate, you will investigate customer concerns and complaints related to self-directed investment accounts and services to understand the cause, impact and solution. As a senior member of the team you will work to resolve complex complaints which have been escalated for a variety of reasons. You will be responsible for taking ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthening relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment, drawing on experience across a wide range of products such as pensions, investments and protection policies. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, you will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
At Barclays, customer care is more than answering calls and ticking boxes. We want to make ourselves the bank our customers love to do business with. So we've developed Smarter Human Banking - an innovative approach that combines smarter technology with a 4,000 strong-team of customer obsessed experts; all focused on exceeding expectations and turning customers into loyal fans. As part of the Customer Advocacy team, you'll be central to its success.
As a Customer Service Associate, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Identifying and agreeing the right solution for the customer, using your innovative ability to impress
• Thinking and acting like the customer, involving customers in determining outcomes that are best for them, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
• Balancing different viewpoints and customer insight with policies, exercising clear judgement and initiative to reach the right customer outcome that is within the best interest of the Bank
• Proactively working to avoid issues, confidently making self-initiated contact, anticipating needs and addressing customer queries efficiently and effectively and providing innovative solutions
• Interacting with customers on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
• Investigating customer queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect to create exceptional customer experiences
As a Customer Service Associate, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer interactions in a professional and caring manner. A strong background in financial services preferable
• The ability to balance different viewpoints, customer and client insight and policies to reach the right customer and Bank outcome
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, strong attention to detail in preparing for each contact and approaching each investigation using own judgement to balance with pace
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to deliver positive impactful communication needed to gather information, clarify circumstances, and explain outcomes clearly and effectively
• The ability to remain in control and empathetic to move the conversation on and find common areas of agreement
• Being an excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice but with the ability to work individually and under pressure
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.