Head of Wealth API Development
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients world-wide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Wealth / Enterprise Services
Enterprise Services is a technology group that develop and support a large suite of applications, functions and services with the emphasis on data and interfaces which underpin the Barclays Wealth business.
This role will comprise of two functions;
- Management of the Wealth API development group (3 development teams) who provide service based interfaces for many of the applications in the Wealth application estate.
- Leadership of API development across the wider Wealth organisation
- Technically manage a group comprising of 3 development teams providing integration solutions across a variety of technologies, architectures, designs and integration paradigms
- Perform as overall Architecture Owner ensuring API development complies with Barclays technical direction and standards
- Implement and govern the API strategy, design and development across the wider Wealth group
- Support the PM and PMO functions re headcount management, budget management and milestone planning / tracking
- Personal Competencies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must be able to establish technical credibility
- Must be able to lead, direct and influence a very technical audience
- Self-driven, proactive and demonstrates initiative with strong problem solving abilities
- Strongly collaborative in nature with the ability to see the whole picture
- Highly communicative and influential, able to manage conflict
- Must be confident and assertive in nature
- Must be able to influence upwards (senior business stakeholders) and downwards (developers, product owners)
- Creative, innovative in decision making
- Must be able to propose technical direction, solve problems and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a global workforce
- Mandatory Technical Skills
- Experience of designing and implementing Enterprise level application integration solutions
- Experience in operating in a Dev Ops environment
- Fully conversant with industry direction in API development
- Preferred Technical Skills
- Development background with experience in Java, SOAP, REST
- Team working in a structured development process e.g. Agile or Waterfall
- Education Qualification
- Graduate preferably with a technology based degree
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .