OBEST Fraud Analyst
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Offshore Banking Expert Servicing Team, the home of operational excellence
OBEST in Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man provide an integral and specialised support function for both the Offshore Operations business and relationship colleagues across the three islands.
Please visit our page for more information.
- Ensure our customers' offshore tax status is protected and agreed activities are managed within the relevant jurisdiction.
- Provide active support to Manager, ensuring all Service levels, policies, procedures, risk and governance are adhered to by the team and prompt escalation & ownership of any issues and improvement opportunities.
- Investigating and reporting fraudulent attempts made against the bank, speaking to clients and stakeholders about sensitive issues will be a daily requirement. An inquisitive mind and flexible approach to the workday is essential
- The role holder will demonstrate exceptional customer service, whilst maintaining the necessary level of accuracy to ensure delivery against deadlines
- When required acting as the first point of contact for clients and our business using various communication methods, primarily telephone, but also telephone, email, letter.
- Review and reporting of sensitive fraud cases
- The right candidate will be flexible and professional under pressure, with strong interpersonal skills together and a focus on succeeding in a challenging environment
- Assist in generating and communicating awareness both internally and externally to help avoid fraud and scam attacks
The right candidate will ideally have experience within the financial services industry, preferably in Operations. They will demonstrate understanding of valuing the importance of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, successful history of meeting work based individual and team targets and analytical ability.
With an external and internal client focus, the right candidate will have an excellent understanding of day to day client needs across a diverse range of delivery channels and the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues in other areas of the business as well as other parts of the group. The ideal candidate will be a strong negotiator with influencing skills to ensure the best service possible is provided to our clients and should be capable of handling data in large quantities, in a variety of formats, used to satisfy client requirements and assist client and revenue growth.
As an organisation, Barclays have agreed a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays, and five core Values which underpin it. Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
Fluency in English and first class written and verbal communication skills are a requirement of the position.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of either five GCSEs (including English and Mathematics).
The role holder will also have a strong level of computer literacy and have proficient keyboard skills as these are both essential skills for this role.
Full training will be provided
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .