Multi Utility Designer
Energetics are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Designer to join our established team in our brand new office located in Hamilton to work on the increasing number of multi utility design projects in the new housing sector across Scotland.
The design team at Energetics are critical to development of the business both in terms of designing utility networks for new projects and in developing strong relationships with our customers.
The ideal successful post holder will have experience in designing either single or multi-utility projects in a range of domestic, commercial and multiple-occupancy settings and/or experience in a similar role with transferable skills.
Key tasks undertaken as part of this role:
• To design multi-utility networks for new housing, industrial, commercial or multiple occupancy projects.
• Manage the process from quote acceptance, ensuring timely design approval for adoption purposes
• Support required commercial activity including technical liaison with bid teams
• Ensure that each design has relevant technical approval and is approved for construction
• Completion of Bill of quantities, design variations and costing in accordance with commercial and financial procedure
• Manage a portfolio of multi-utility design projects ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, standards and technical policies and bulletins
• Responsible for managing the all aspects of the design life-cycle from quotation acceptance to adoption, ensuring that time-bound milestones are achieved
• Responsible for ensuring accurate project documentation is recorded
• Liaise with Design Engineers to ensure appropriate technical input and compliance with standards is achieved
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including Project Managers, Operations Team and developers
• Liaise as required with external agencies including gas / electricity network operators and water companies
• Carry out other duties which are appropriate to the post as may be reasonably requested
• Verify contract against original quote, ensuring that assumptions, plant and equipment and non-contestable works are valid and within specification
• Adhere to commercial and financial policies and procedures, highlighting variations from agreed specifications
• Work efficiently and effectively to achieve personal and company targets and objectives
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• Minimum of HNC in an Engineering related discipline
• Experience of designing either single or multi-utility projects in a range of domestic, commercial and multiple-occupancy settings
• Experience of CMD regulations and ability to interpret and apply to design solutions
• Practical knowledge of relevant new roads and streetworks regulations
• Ability to effectively understand and interpret complex engineering drawings and appropriate commercial documentation
• Excellent IT literacy with the ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Ability to adapt to or have experience of commercial / in-house design and costing packaging including Gasworks, Windebut and SNAP
• Excellent numeracy and analytical ability
• Ability to effectively manage own work load and conflicting priorities to achieve output targets
• Able to recognise limitations of own experience and qualifications and request support
• Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with all project stakeholders
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with design team to correct errors
Energetics is a forward thinking multi-utility connections company, providing the UK property and construction sector with a superior, value-added alternative to traditional distribution network operators (DNOs). With the property and construction sector well and truly out of the recession, demand for Energetics’ services has increased dramatically and our customer base is growing rapidly. We need people like you to Grow With Us, so if you want to join a company with exciting prospects, this role with Energetics is for you.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
Please apply online for this Multi Utility Designer role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.