Senior Support Worker
Job Title: Senior Support Worker - Part-time
Location: Kirkwall, Orkney
Salary: £20,357 - £23,546 per annum pro rata
Working Hours: An average of 22.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 18th September 2017
The organisation is an independent Charity which delivers support services to vulnerable people helping them to adapt to change and to improve their quality of life.
The company is currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join their team. The Senior Support Worker will assist the Team Leader in ensuring that the service is delivered effectively and achieves set key performance indicators whilst working within the ethical framework of the company.
Key result areas include:
- Effective delivery of a sustainable service to provide a continuum of care for service users.
- Effective supervision of staffing resources.
- Sound understanding of local budgets.
- Comprehensive and efficient recording systems to support the needs of service users.
- SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or SCQF equivalent (or working towards).
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of needs of service user group relevant to service area.
- Ability to manage staffing issues on daily basis (performance, sickness absence, time management).
- Ability to support staff to develop skills in assessment, support planning, risk assessment and reviews.
- Working knowledge the SSSC Codes of Practice.
What they offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Excellent training opportunities.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for further details.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Senior Support Worker, Senior Development Worker, Senior Housing Assistant, Care Support Worker, Social Worker, Support Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support, Social Care may also be considered for this role.