Global Operations Analyst
An exciting opportunity has become available with my client a high-profile Investment Bank.
They are looking for a high caliber individual to join their Global Markets Operations - DFX function in Glasgow. The core objective of this part of the business is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this. Some of the core processes that are delivered include Post Trade Services, FX Operations, Collateral & Liquidity operations.
The role sits specifically within the Derivative Post Trade Services function which is a cross-asset class function responsible for ensuring that all Interest Rate, Credit, Equity, Commodity and Foreign Exchange Derivatives are controlled and settled in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The department supports a broad range of operational services across the OTC trade lifecycle including trade lifecycle management, affirmation, confirmation, nostro and brokerage reconciliation as well as strategic product support.
Main Role Responsibilities
* Support the overall DFX back office function of trade documentation.
* Drafting trades confirmations on T0
* Working with internal stakeholders to ensure accuracy of document
* Supporting Risk and Control and Regulatory business requirements
* Cross Asset Confirmation drafting for global clients and coverage of global credit securitized products confirmation process.
* Ensure all trades are drafted on time (T0) and executed by T1.
* Proactively cross train on all functions performed within the team and across the department to gain an in-depth understanding of the derivative products and processes in order to drive synergies within Post Trade Services.
* Acting as first point of contact for Middle Office, Trade Capture and Sales teams to resolve trade related breaks and queries.
* Foster excellent working relationships with internal counterparts and have the ability to negotiate effectively with internal parties to ensure the team receives the necessary support to achieve its goals.
* Deliver the highest standard of service to internal and external clients against agreed SLAs.
* Ensuring you uphold personal conduct in line with the Bank's Way and call out behaviours, actions or decisions that fall short of these standards or are inconsistent with their Values.
* Ability to identify, escalate and report risks and issues.
* Identifying rationalisation opportunities to ensure an efficient delivery of service by yourself and your colleagues.
* Financial Services experience.
* Strong risk background / culture and is able to identify problems and resolve, before the risk occurs.
* Ability to implement Risk Self-Assessment and ensure compliance with all Regulations
* Detail-orientated in order to avoid, eliminate and mitigate risk.
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of the operational front to back procedures that support your specific function and products.
* Ability to implement excellent risk metrics to ensure the RTB process is tracked and monitored successfully.
* Ability to understand and analyse complex problems and provide effective tactical and strategic solutions.
* Understanding of broader business strategy, and apply this lens when contributing to team decisions.
* Aptitude to operate with close attention to detail and able to prioritise your key activities to ensure delivery.