AS/AM - UKI Assurance - Aberdeen
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experience that will last a life time.
We are looking for an Audit Senior in Aberdeen to join our team because we are experiencing growth across our UK&I Assurance practice offering you a great opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge in a collegiate, flexible working environment. .
As an Audit Senior in Aberdeen, your main aim will be to provide an independent view on our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses reflect their financial picture accurately, which in turn protects financial markets.
The nature and extent of our client-base and locations throughout the UK & Ireland means you will work on a portfolio that will reflect your existing experience and your future potential. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations. The opportunity to develop as an individual in audit means the experience you gain is unrivalled from day one. Our continuing success and our strategic plan for 2020 mean there are no limits to how far you can go with us.
Your client responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
Experience / Qualifications required
- ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW / ICAS or equivalent international qualifying body) preferably with first time passes
- 3 years in the External Auditing of complex multi-entity clients in commerce & industry under IFRS or equivalent
- Experience in / knowledge of UK or US GAAP and/or SOX404 reporting would be advantageous though not essential
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.