Database Administrator (SQL)
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, medical data and more for organisations around the world.
Organisations in every major industry and of all sizes, including more than 95% of the Fortune 1000 and over 85% of the FTSE 100 companies, employ Iron Mountain as their secure information management partner.
We currently have a vacancy for a SQL Database Administrator to take on responsibility for the implementation and support of the Secure UK Government SQL Server installations in addition to supporting other SQL Server instances within the global Iron Mountain organisation.
If successful your duties in this role are as follows:
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
• Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL servers/ databases.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include roll-out and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following attributes:
• Possess or able to achieve UK Government Security Clearance within 3 months of employment.
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
• Significant Microsoft SQL Server 2008/ 2012 knowledge.
• Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices with relevant operational experience.
• Experience Monitoring and tuning SQL services.
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
• Experience with data management and data processing flow charting techniques.
• Experience working in a Global team across multiple time zones.
• Experience of working in a secure environment.
• Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment.
Salary: Competitive+bonus, pension and benefits
In return Iron Mountain offers a competitive remuneration and the career prospects expected with a global super brand.
Please click "Apply" to be redirected to their website to complete the application process.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.