Procurement Specialist (IT Procurement)
Harvey Nash's client, working in the education sector, is looking for a highly capable Procurement Specialist to join their team based in central Edinburgh. Reporting into the Procurement Category Manager within Information Services, you will be responsible for delivering a sustainable procurement software and IT service for the organisation, including efficient and effective customer service and external supplier performance to meet the organisation's procurement strategy and making continuous improvements to achieve the overall objectives through best procurement practice. This will involve delivering services with the Category Team Manager (IS) which support a sustainable procurement strategy, contract/supplier management, analysing expenditure profiles to look for opportunities for cost savings and achieving value for money and quality of goods and services, to meet legal obligations, analyse and manage risks and ensure probity, maintain project documentation and management reports.
This is a great opportunity within a prestigious organisation and as such we're looking for motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
* Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or relevant degree, or have significant procurement management experience and be making progress towards formal membership
* Experience in public or regulated sector is preferred, knowledge of legislative framework.
* Experience delivering a relevant procurement service especially software and IT related
* Demonstrable significant high value procurement/purchasing experience
* Direct experience of implementing new initiatives is an advantage
* Ability to manage projects and deliver change with aptitude for developing and implementing policy
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an expanding and forward thinking organisation at the forefront of education and technology. In return our client is offering a fantastic remuneration and benefits package (including exceptional holiday allowance and pension) and a very strong work life balance. If this sounds like it might be of interest and you have the relevant skills/experience, please apply using the link or contact Kevin Robson.