Home Help - Overtonlea Care Centre
2 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. The postholder will attend to the practical, social and emotional needs of the service users in their care to enable people to live in the community as independently as possible. Depending on the service, the post holder will be required to support service users in their own homes and/or in residential or supported accommodation, this will include either
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; or
- Adults with mental ill-health
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D
- 1 x 10 hour permanent post and 1 x 16 hour permanent post
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.03 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £9.57 per hour.
- Permanent Part Time post, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- Posts are likely to commence after 31st December 2017
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Overtonlea Care Centre, Levenwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Amanda Malcolmson - Team Leader - 01595 745040 - email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Home Help Generic JPPS (D).pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf