Social Care Worker - Montfield Support Services
3 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
in their own homes and/or in a residential, supported accommodation or day-care setting.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Temporary Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Montfield Support Services, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Emma Strmsek - Registered Manager - Emma.Strmsek@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Social Care Worker F.G JPPS (and Career Grade).pdf