Workforce Development Adviser Children and Young People (FIF08121)
Contract Type: Temporary for 12 months
Interview Date: Tuesday 22 August 2017
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.”
As part of a team of learning and development professionals you will support individual learners including managers and individuals undertaking accredited qualifications in social work and health and social care. You will also contribute to the design and delivery of learning resources and provide training aimed at social work and health and social care professionals in support of statutory training and registration requirements, workforce planning priorities and service improvement objectives.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
- A relevant professional qualification recognised by the SSSC for the purposes of professional registration at SCQF Level 7 or above. www.scqf.org.uk/framework-diagra
- Good communication, presentation and IT skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the training cycle, learning styles and relevant competency frameworks.
- Experience of delivering training, coaching and mentoring to groups and individuals.
- Ability to design training using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and theories.
As a Workforce Development Adviser you will be responsible for:
- Planning, researching, designing and delivering training and learning programmes including eLearning packages.
- Supporting the learning of individuals and stakeholders by contributing to the direct delivery of qualifications and the planning design and direct delivery of a range of workforce planning and development interventions such as coaching, mentoring, shadowing, assessment, verification and upskilling programmes.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of effective systems for the co-ordination and recording of training activity including those relating to individual learner records and the evaluation of learning and development activities.
- Managing a delegated workload to meet organisational and individual deadlines, whilst maintaining a high quality service to stakeholders.
You will be a skilled communicator and have a range of active listening and communication skills that allow you to develop positive and productive relationships with a range of stakeholders including customers and team members. You will be solution focussed and able to effectively manage your workload and reconcile competing demands and priorities.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For Further Information Please Contact: Dafydd McIntosh on 03451 555 555 Ext: 470723 or Email: Dafydd.McIntosh@fife.gov.uk
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Finance and Corporate Services Directorate Information March 2017.docx
Workforce Development Adviser (PVG) I116.02.pdf