Business Designer (18 month fixed term contract)
Role: Business Designer
Benefits: 12% bonus at target, 28 + 8 days Annual Leave, Pension, Flexible Benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of GBP100 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,253 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2016).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have an exciting 18 month fixed term opportunity for a Business Designer to deliver the group strategy, supporting a large transformation programme, in an effective and efficient way ensuring objectives and business requirements are met.
The purpose of this role is to take ownership and responsibility for the design of market leading customer experience covering organisational, communication, system and people aspects of design. The desired outcomes for the business will be delivered using an agile and iterative approach to business design, with focus on increased quality, higher productivity, improved stakeholder engagement and increased satisfaction, with faster time to market of solutions.
- Work with the business to influence and input to the definition of the desired business outcome.
- Consider design opportunities within context and desired future end state and vision.
- Be responsible for understanding, analysing and interpreting business designs which meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Be aware of industry trends to ensure any designs are fully effective and sustainable for the longer term.
- Identify innovative, effective and efficient designs to deliver the key business outcomes.
- Document assumptions, evaluate options and validate that the recommended option addresses the customer and stakeholder need.
- Identify the organisational impact on all areas of RL group.
- Use personal influence to gain buy in from key stakeholders and other team members.
- Ensure that stakeholders actively participate in providing needed input to the teams and they support necessary business changes.
Development and Delivery
- Delivers design requirements to a high quality standard and follows best practice.
- Ensures design requirements are clearly understood by business stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively to ensure the solution is clear and development meets business needs.
Benefits Value Delivery
- Takes responsibility for capturing, evolving and documenting benefits by following RLG framework.
- Challenges themselves and others to ensure their designs deliver the benefits and success criteria agreed.
Skills, Leadership and People Development
- Contributes to best practice within business design and analysis pool.
- Supports other business analysts within business analysis pool.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Graeme Tainsh(see below)