Early Years Assistant - Dunrossness Primary School
1 day left
- Full Time
As part of the pre-school team, the Early Years Assistant will assist in delivering a high quality education and care centred service that meets the needs of young children and their carers.
The Early Years Assistant will also work closely with the Early Years Worker and/or the Teacher in ensuring a safe, hygienic and pleasant environment where mutual trust, respect, confidence and a caring ethos are evident, in accordance with current legislation.
Dunrossness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Dunrossness. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Sumburgh to Levenwick. The school has an early learning and childcare setting for 3-5 year olds, operating for 8 hours each day, and 5 composite primary classes. There are currently a total 111 primary pupils and 26 nursery pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 6 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Andrea Henderson. Further information can be found on the schools blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/dunrossness/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrea Henderson, Head Teacher, on 01595 745440 or email email@example.com, and Samantha Wishart, Quality Improvement Officer, on 01595 744093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Early Years Assistant (F).pdf