Kitchen Assistant - Sandwick Junior High School
The Kitchen Assistant will undertake, normally under the general direction of a higher graded operative in a kitchen, the preparation, simple cooking, and serving of food.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is C
- Employees on grade C will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.50 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £8.51 per hour exclusive of Distant Island Allowance.
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 17.5 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandwick Junior High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Marlene Hunter, Catering Supervisor, on 01595 744128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Kitchen Assistant (C) (341).pdf