Technical Team Lead - FX
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) technology team is responsible for the core technologies providing trade capture and risk management for the FX business, traders and salespeople. On the trading side, the systems allow traders to manage trades and positions, calculate P&L, and determine risk during the entire trading life-cycle. For salespeople, the technology team provides applications allowing them to price and execute trades agreed with clients, and to view clients trades, positions and revenues. This particular position offers a business-facing role twinned with the opportunity to lead a team.
- Manage a team of up to four individuals
- Hands-on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Close collaboration with colleagues in the FX technology/strats teams and other technology teams with a focus on delivering integrated solutions
- Second-line support for traders and salespeople with application and infrastructure questions or issues
To support these responsibilities, FX technology team members must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must be able to work collaboratively with other senior developers and with the trading desk (traders and strats) directly. Meeting deadlines and delivering results to the business and to the rest of the team is paramount, as is having a strong sense of ownership and commitment.
- Strong core Java development within a service oriented architecture: comfort with threading and interprocess communication
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Experience developing high throughput, low latency transaction/event processing systems
- Experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX) operating systems
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange Trading systems
- Previous experience in managing development teams
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2