Senior Mechanical Buyer - Supply Chain
A Senior Buyer with mechanical buying experience in the Aerospace and Defence markets are required to work a contract basis for our Manufacturing client based in the Edinburgh area.
Overview of the Senior Category Buyer role
You will be responsible for actively sourcing new suppliers, have strong supplier relationship skills, liaising with new and existing suppliers and be responsible for the control of parts for specified areas with suppliers nationally and internationally. The Senior Category Buyer will play a key role in the mechanical category responsible for the administration and communication within the Purchasing Team and will provide assistance to the Supply Chain team in achieving cost reductions, supply initiatives and improving supplier performance.
You will be required to reach cost reduction targets and quality, innovation, collaboration, risk and opportunity exploitation are all key parameters for this role. You will also help develop and implement robust supply chain relationships to support the business goals, and work with stakeholders in order to understand Internal Customer demands and develop and monitor cost lead time reduction targets, by demonstrating value for money.
Key skills required for the Senior Buyer
- Degree Level or Equivalent/relevant work experience
- Currently hold or working towards CIPS Membership would be highly advantageous
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of procurement within Defence and Aerospace industries.
- Ability to perform to demanding deadlines
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience buying Defence and Aerospace related materials such as electronic and mechanical materials
- Minimum 5 years' procurement experience within Defence or Aerospace environments
- An understanding of legal aspects and an ability to negotiate bespoke terms and conditions
- Experience of using SAP (MRP/ERP)
Additional skills required
- Strong ability to communicate clearly
- Outstanding supplier relationship skills
- Ability to work competently independently, but also as part of a team
- Use own initiative
- Displays enthusiasm for the work
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good Organisation Skills
Occasional travel to UK and overseas destinations which may require overnight stays. Primarily office based.
The role is based in Edinburgh - commutable from Dunfermline, Glasgow, Falkirk, Livingston, Lanark, Peebles, Perth, Stirling and Cumbernauld.
If you are a Senior Buyer looking for a new role either apply online or please contact Phil Browne at (see below) or phone.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).