Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician x 2
6 months Contract
St Fergus near Peterhead
Our exclusive utilities client has an excellent opportunity available for an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to support the overall operation and maintenance of a key gas terminal in St Fergus.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of their base compressor station plus supporting activities at other compressor stations, transmission pipelines and to work within a small team where technicians will undertake all aspects of installation, commissioning, operation, repair and maintenance within their respective discipline.
- To ensure the completion of maintenance in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- To carry out such works in a safe and cost effective manner, by keeping up to date with technical advances and industry standards.
- When required to do so; to prepare reports of activities to satisfy the company on technical matters relating to areas of work within the jobholders sphere of responsibility
- To participate in the design and costing of minor modification work within the jobholder's sphere of responsibility
- To prepare plans and procedures for operations that may affect the network, for liaising with control room staff and when necessary to take part in the authorisation process for non-complex tasks.
- In the absence of either an Assistant Engineer, MDE or GFE Technicians are expected to oversee activities carried out by contractors on site thus ensuring the permitry system is maintained.
- In carrying out these duties, the post holder shall comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 by taking all reasonable care to ensure the health and safety of him/herself and others around them
To qualify for this role, candidates will have:
- Experience of fault finding and maintenance.
- Be compEX qualified
- Full UK Driving Licence
For more enquires please contact
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Applicants should show all skills on their CV.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this email is relevant to your experience and job search, sometimes there are errors, we apologise if this is the case.