Emergency Service Network Programme - Technical Lead
Fixed-term contract or secondment until March 2020
The Enabling Technology Programme is one of three strategic programmes within the Scottish Ambulance Service. These programmes are responsible for making the changes required to deliver the Service Strategic Framework - Towards 2020: Taking Care to the Patient. The Emergency Service Network (ESN) Programme is a key part of the Enabling Technology Programme.
The aim of the ESN Programme is to successfully manage the transition from Airwave on to the new Emergency Service Network (ESN). In order to minimise risk and maximise the possibility of successful delivery, we are now recruiting an experienced Technical Lead. The successful candidate will report to the ICT Project Manager and will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise for the day to day technical elements of the ESN programme.
Although it is envisaged that the post will be based in the Central Belt of Scotland, this role requires travel throughout Scotland to meet the needs of the Service. As a result, there will frequently be occasions where the post-holder will have to be flexible in terms of their start time and finish time during their 37.5hr working week. Occasional overnight stays may also be required.
The responsibilities of the post are wide and varied, they include reviewing technical documentation, working with technical and operational staff within the Service in order to develop and agree appropriate technical specifications, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the right technical solution, producing relevant project documentation and attending project and programme meetings.
The post involves a high degree of autonomy and unsupervised work; therefore the successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
Significant demonstrable relevant experience, preferably in an ambulance service or emergency service environment
- Experience of successfully supporting technical programmes or projects, preferably in an ambulance service or emergency service environment
- A strong working knowledge of typical emergency service technical requirements and the interdependencies between emergency services
- A strong working knowledge of fixed and mobile communications solutions and the development of associated system specifications
- A proven track record in delivering time, quality and costs constraints, augmented by ability to be creative in finding solutions to constantly challenging problems
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively while managing a varied workload and prioritising conflicting demands
- A full current driving licence is essential
How to Apply
To apply for this post, please click the ‘Apply Now' button and follow the on-screen instructions. Applicants who successfully submit an application will be contacted via email regarding the outcome of their application.
It is very important that you check your ‘junk' or spam email folders as well as your email inbox.
JD - Technical Lead - Future Mobile Comms.pdf