Occupational Therapists - Independent Living Centre
The main purpose of the Occupational Therapist role is to provide a specialist service to people in the community and their carers, who are experiencing mental and physical disabilities, to enable them to live as independently as possible with optimal functional performance. This includes offering Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention aimed at preventing deterioration through reablement and supporting function through provision of specialist aids and adaptations. The Occupational Therapist will be employed by Shetland Islands Council but the role is part of a joint NHS Shetland and Shetland Islands Council Occupational Therapy Service, which comes under the Community Health and Social Care Directorate. They will also be required to work alongside a wider multidisciplinary context covering a range of health and social care agencies.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is J/K
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,048 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- 2 x Permanent Full Time posts for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week each, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- This post attracts Essential Car User Allowance. For this, you must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment
- Not suitable for Job Share
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Independent Living Centre, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jane Pembroke, Team Leader - 01595 744319 - email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Occupational Therapist (J-K).pdf