Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a passion for teaching who is keen to pass on their knowledge to our students. The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in the subject area.
The individual should have an excellent working knowledge and skill set relevant to the Mechanical Engineering sector. Experience of teaching and motivating learners to succeed would be an advantage.
If you are a highly effective team player who has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues we want you to come and join our team.
You should also be willing to work towards a TQFE (Teaching Qualification in Further Education) once employment has commenced if you do not already hold a relevant teaching qualification.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
2. *Craft Certificate or Vocational Qualification or equivalent.
3. * Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
4. * Assessment qualification
5. *ECDL (European Computer Driving License)
6. *GTC registration
1. Up to date experience in Mechanical Engineering
2. *Hands-on experience in a mechanical engineering craft role.
3. *Teaching or training experience
4. *Assessment experience
1. Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering to include Maintenance, Manufacture and Design, at craft and technician level.
2. *Knowledge and/or experience of the use of electronic learning materials
1. Good communication skills
2. Good presentation skills
3. Good interpersonal skills
4. Good organisational skills
5. Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
6. Computer literate
1. Effective team player who actively supports others
2. Builds and maintains effective relationships with students and colleagues
3. Prioritises work effectively
4. Meets deadlines
5. Personally well-organised
1. Evidence of commitment to equal opportunities
2. Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
3. Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
4. Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
5. *Driving Licence and willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.
L467 - Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering JD.pdf
L467 - Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering T&Cs.pdf