PKAVS is the leading charity enhancing lives and connecting communities throughout Perth & Kinross. Every year, PKAVS improve the quality of life of over 5,000 local people, including adults with mental ill health, young and adult unpaid carers and minority communities. Through support and working in partnership, PKAVS help individuals to overcome personal barriers and ensure they have every chance to achieve their goals in life.
PKAVS Minority Communities Hub has an exciting opportunity for a Resource Officer (Administrator) to join the team. The role provides administration support to team and clients ensuring the effective and smooth running of day to day work.
You must have a flexible approach, working in collaboration with team members, PKAVS Shared Services team, volunteers and external agencies accessing our services.
This role requires a high degree of verbal and written interaction with our clients, especially our Polish clients, helping them access our services or directing them to other appropriate services and therefore it is essential that you have fluent English and Polish language skills to effectively fulfil this role.
As well as fluent English and Polish spoken and written language skills you will also be required to have an HNC/HND in Business Administration and/or significant administration experience within a busy office environment with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
The key objectives of this role are:
• To be responsible for the provision of reception and administrative services in order to support the effective delivery of our services offered.
• To coordinate our ESOL training programme including the enrolment of students, monitoring attendance and liaison as appropriate with course tutors and students
• The coordination of the recruitment, training and support of volunteers.
• To be responsive to general queries from clients accessing our services.
• Supporting our advisors, assisting them with client support as appropriate.
• To facilitate the processing and recording of invoices and supporting documentation to our Finance team for processing and accurate reporting.
• The provision of secretarial support to the Service Manager's diary management, taking messages, administration support, minute-taking at internal meetings, filing and general day-to-day assistance as required.
• The monitoring and recording of monies/income received from service users accessing our resources and fundraising events.
This position will suit a candidate with a can do attitude, self-motivated with great communication and people skills, has an eye for details, be well organised, having a willingness to learn and professional approach. For further information, contact Mohammed Afzal, Service Manager on 01738 567076.
Application packs are available on the PKAVS website www.pkavs.org.uk or on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date for applications - Wed 16th August 2017
Interview date - Monday 28th August 2017
Resource Officer Job Advert.docx
Resource Officer Job Description.docx