Senior Practitioner - Early Learning and Childcare - Dunrossness Primary School
Dunrossness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Dunrossness. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Sumburgh to Levenwick. The school has an early learning and childcare setting for 3-5 year olds, operating for 8 hours each day, and 5 composite primary classes. There are currently a total 111 primary pupils and 26 nursery pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 6 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Andrea Henderson. Further information can be found on the schools blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/dunrossness/
Senior Practitioner - Early Learning and Childcare
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to oversee the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Post holders must apply for and maintain registered status with the registering body as long as the post is held.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Service workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice: http://www.sssc.uk.com/about-the-sssc/multimedia-library/publications/37-about-the-sssc/information-material/61-codes-of-practice/1020-sssc-codes-of-practice-for-social-service-workers-and-employers
The SSSC have a Continuous Learning Framework and staff should make themselves aware of the content and how it relates to the Senior Practitioner post.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H/I
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of 1.0608 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Samantha Flaws, Quality Improvement Officer - 01595 744093 - email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Senior Practioner H-I.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf
Senior Practitioner Career Grade H-I.pdf