Activity Engagement Worker (Garden)
PKAVS is a leading local charity in Perth & Kinross, enhancing lives and connecting communities through diverse services in the areas of Carers, Mental Wellbeing, Minority Communities, Third Sector support and Volunteering. Every year, PKAVS enhances the lives of over 5,000 local people, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals. PKAVS is also the Third Sector Interface for Perth & Kinross, supporting and developing the Third Sector and enhancing the Sector's role in Community Planning.
PKAVS Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub provides community-based and outcomes-focussed support for adults recovering from mental ill health. With services in Perth City and the rural town of Blairgowrie, our Hub offers a diverse range of activities spanning areas such horticulture, joinery, arts & crafts, catering and physical health. Activities support clients on their recovery journey, producing positive outcomes in relation to health & wellbeing, knowledge and life opportunities, independence and self-confidence.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work as part of a small, supportive and dynamic staff team supporting clients within the Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub. The role of Activity Engagement Worker (Garden) is to promote client led recovery while focusing on gardening and horticultural activities. The garden is central to the Hub and is highly regarded in the local area. The post holder is responsible for the maintenance and development of the garden.
While working with a whole service approach the post holder will be based at the Walled Garden in Perth, and will provide clients with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in horticulture. Clients may also be encouraged to work in community settings and foster good relationships with local communities. Community groups are also welcomed into the garden to participate alongside our clients. Produce from the garden is used in our café and excess is sold to the public.
• Focusing on the promotion of recovery and wellbeing.
• Support client development through IROC / Talking Mats and personal support plans
• Deliver, develop and facilitate horticultural activities including training, workshops and one-one sessions.
• Have a focus on engaging young people into the garden activity area to improve their mental wellbeing, confidence, skills development and widen opportunities available to them.
• Provide a wide range of development opportunities for clients including educational outings.
• Key link worker providing support and supervision for nominated volunteer(s) and work placements.
Closing date for applications - Monday 21st August 2017
Interview date - Wednesday 30th August 2017
Activity Engagement Worker (Garden) Job Advert.docx
Activity Engagement Worker (Garden) Job Description.docx