Application Support Analyst, Edinburgh
Vacancy Reference: AMK-EDI/GLA-KS-0208
Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Loanhead, Edinburgh
Salary: £25,000 Per Annum
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; On-site Parking
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
With more than 20,000 people working across 7,000 client sites in the UK into a diverse range of sectors, so it's not surprising that we're looking for exceptional people to help us to continue our growth.
We are recruiting for a dynamic, customer-focused Application Support Analyst to join our rapidly expanding Technology Team. Reporting to the Group Head of Applications, you will play a pivotal role in supporting and administering the Group CAFM system for the Servest FM division. The Applications Support Analyst will be responsible for working with the division to migrate and implement Concept for clients which are currently running on a legacy system.
Working with the IT team based in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, the analyst will follow best practice methodology whilst implementing concept whilst ensuring that the system is configured suitable for the Servest FM division.
This is a broad role which will see you interacting with stakeholders from across the business and is key to supporting our continued growth strategy.
We are seeking candidates with a sound understanding of ITIL processes, particularly around incident and project management. You will be a competent in a range of technologies, including Windows OS, SQL and VB alongside supporting and managing applications and databases. You will demonstrate a good understanding of the practical application of IT and its' application in the business environment. Candidates with knowledge of the Concept CAFM system would be of particular interest to us.
Our Technology Team is rapidly growing and as such, we foresee opportunities for suitably experienced candidates to grow with us. The most suitable candidates will demonstrate drive and ambition, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering results - above all, you will always look to exceed customer expectations and deliver a first-rate service to your internal customers.
Primary Result Areas:
- Incident and Problem Management: Resolving incidents and problems associated with Servest's standard applications and databases in accordance with IT Department processes, within agreed service levels
- Administration: Monitoring database performance and recommending / making changes to ensure optimum performance, administrating user accounts and access rights
- Development: Developing minor enhancements to existing applications or assisting with the configuration or setup of new implementations
- Managing, supporting or assisting with development work undertaken by approved 3rd party suppliers
- Reports / Data: Specifying appropriate reports using common reporting tools, ensuring appropriate reports are developed, tested and deployed to relevant users in accordance with IT Department processes, within agreed service levels
- Documentation: Producing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for all fixes, enhancements, interfaces, reports, etc.
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Experienced in supporting and managing applications and databases
- Good understanding of IT and its' application in the business environment
- An awareness of ITIL processes
- Experienced in managing and supporting applications and databases
- Competency in a range of current technologies, including but not limited to the MS product suite, SQL, VB
- The ability to plan and manage own workload within tight deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail and a process-driven working style
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Customer-focused, results driven with a desire to exceed expectations
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, team player
- Higher education level qualification preferred but not essential
This role is to be based at our offices in the Loanhead area of Edinburgh. There will be a requirement to spend some time working out of our offices in Glasgow and occasionally, some ad hoc travel to other Servest sites across the UK may be required. The hours of work would be Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 though we require flexibility to meet the needs of the business. Candidates with experience of working in facilities management would be desirable but this is not essential.
The role includes a highly competitive salary with additional company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain practical experience in the application of new technologies in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organisation with ambitious growth strategies.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***
Apply for Application Support Analyst, Edinburgh
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly