Supervisory Roadworker - Mid Yell
The Supervisory Roadworker will be expected to take responsibility for other operatives assigned to their team. They will fully brief the team on the tasks to be performed and provide details of the risk assessment and advise of the control measures to be adopted. They will have sufficient knowledge/experience to be able to organise work in an efficient manner, ensure safe passage through the works for pedestrians and other road users, ensure that the team operate safely whilst completing tasks within time and cost constraints and to a good standard of workmanship. The post holder will also assist with the collection of information and the preparations of written records.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,048 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must hold a valid driving licence
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mid Yell Maintenance Depot, Reafirth, Mid Yell, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Brian Wood, Team Leader - Tel: 01595 744108 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Roadworker - Supervisory A01560 (G) (839).pdf
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf