Active Schools and Sport Manager
- Full Time
Department: Community Services
Closing Date: Friday 18th August 2017
Active Schools and Sport Manager required for 35 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, on a temporary basis until 31st March 2019. The post's location is negotiable within in Argyll and Bute.
This is an important new post within LiveArgyll - the Charitable Trust which has been established to manage the Leisure, Libraries, Community and Sport functions on behalf of Argyll and Bute Council.
The fundamental aim of the Active Schools Network is to offer all children and young people the opportunities and motivation to adopt active, healthy lifestyles, now and into adulthood.
Active Schools Managers and Co-ordinators are responsible for developing an infrastructure to recruit, support and sustain a network of volunteers, coaches, leaders and teachers who in turn deliver physical activity and sport before, during and after school and in the wider community.
The postholder will also manage the wider sport and health and well-being service area within the Trust.
Interviews for this post will be held on Wednesday 30th August 2017 in Dunoon.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) membership in relation to working with children.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This is a temporary post which may be filled on a secondment basis by an employee wishing to gain experience/career development and will be at the discretion of the employee's director.
How to Apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Muriel Kupris, Leisure and Youth Services Manager on 01631 572181.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB02216 /CMC00180.
CMC00180 - Active Schools and Sport Manager.doc
Information For Applicants.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children.docx