Wealth Management - Credit Middle Office - Credit Documentation Team -
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Global Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2015 by Euromoney as the world's best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
J.P. Morgan International Bank Limited (JPMIB) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region, excluding Switzerland. It is also the entity which provides banking, trading, and brokerage and custody services to clients of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Asia. JPMIB is a UK bank and is regulated by the PRA and FCA; it operates out of its UK head office with branches in Brussels, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan.
The Credit Middle Office Documentation role will support the Italian Lending Solution Team in all credit documentation related activities, thus contributing to providing an exceptional service to our clients.
Specific duties include:
- Produce standard and non-standard credit documentation (including Credit Facility Agreements and Pledges) and support with associated processes
- Manage the credit documentation process for Italy and if needed for France, Spain and United Kingdom, in partnership with other locations
- Regularly partner with and provide support for colleagues in other locations (Milan, Paris, Madrid, London, Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York)
- Liaise with Lending Solution Specialists, Credit Executives and internal & external legal teams on documentation requirements and validation
- Maintain accurate data on documents from clients in the Documentation Tracking System
- Responsible for tracking the status of documents and resolving exceptions
- Understand, ensure adherence to and compliance with, JPMorgan policies and regulatory requirements
- Understand credit control requirements to ensure that any control requirement is addressed and controls effected
- Highlight documentation exceptions through commentary to senior management
- Maintain a controls mind-set, able to challenge the status quo and identify process efficiencies
- Responsible for project across different locations
- Experience in dealing with client credit documents
- University graduate (Law or Finance degree) and/or relevant commercial experience
- Sound knowledge of credit and lending products in European countries (e.g. Italy or United Kingdom)
- Understanding of credit related legal risks
- Fluent in Italian and English (French would be a plus)
- Experience within a financial institution
- Previous experience in a credit documentation team an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- General market knowledge
- Ability to suggest improvements and engineer process changes
- Strong Word, Excel and Access skills an advantage
- Control and Risk mitigation mind-set
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.