Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
3 days left
- Full Time
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office. SeeByte work on state-of-the-art subsea robotics problems and have an international client base.
You can expect to be working closely alongside project and product teams, developing, enhancing and maintaining SeeByte's cutting edge software test and delivery automation platform. You will also play a key role in the maintenance and extension of the underlying IT infrastructure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A "technology day" every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
Applicants will have the opportunity to learn and extend the current SeeByte infrastructure for automated testing and continuous delivery and to explore and implement state of the art tools to ensure software quality. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role and become a highly skilled specialist in software test and delivery automation.
- Development and unit testing in C++, Java, .NET C# or Python
- Keen interest in Jenkins/SonarQube/Artifactory
- Scripting knowledge under Linux/Window (Shell, Batch, Python)
- Linux/Windows administrative experience
- Outgoing and comfortable working with engineering teams
- Strong communication skills
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Continuous Delivery/DevOps
- Ranorex/Selenium Automation
- Sentinel Hasp Licensing/Babel Obfuscation
- Package Management systems including Debian, RPM, NuGet
- Maven, CMake, MSBuild,
- Containerisation technologies
- Good grasp of Networking and IT Security issues
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to .
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES