Investment Trust Administrator
About the recruiter:
Steven Fairlie has worked with Change Recruitment for over 4 years and specialises in mid to senior roles within the Investment and Asset Servicing Sector in Scotland. He offers a market leading service that truly consults with the clients and candidates to ensure only the best candidates are submitted to the right roles. Steven has evidenced his strong technical knowledge and ability to support candidates through the full process giving relevant and tailored advice that adds value and helps to gain an advantage on the market. Please have a look at his Linked In profile where he can also be contacted direct.
About the employer:
The business who are looking to appoint the Investment Trust Administrator are a tope tier investment firm with its roots based in Scotland. They are known as one of the premier employers for work/life balance, training & development and client service. The business have numerous departments that cover different fund types and structures with this role sitting in its Investment Trust area.
The Investment Trust department is responsible for the provision of high levels of service in administrative support, secretarial services and accounting information for the Investment Trusts managed by them. The department ensures legal and regulatory obligations imposed upon the business as the appointed AIFM and company secretary to the Trusts, are fully met.
Responsibilities of the Investment Trust Administrator:
- Ensure the accurate and efficient administration of our Investment Trust Companies.
- Includes production of reports for the Trust Boards and close liaison with Investment Teams and Fund Managers.
- Daily processing of accounting records using ICON system.
- Preparation of Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of accounting records.
- Preparation of Board papers.
- Preparation of revenue estimates (budgets).
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- General ad-hoc administrative tasks as required.
- Involvement in departmental projects.
Background of the Investment Trust Administrator:
- Current or previous exposure in an investment operations role with 1-3 years experience
- Ideally be IOC qualified but if not be happy to pass within 12 months
- Be able to evidence their numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Be client focussed and able to build strong relationships
This role would suit a graduate with some intern experience or a candidate in a similar role looking for a new and exciting challenge. Please contact Steven Fairlie on or email your CV to